I am a daughter, wife, and mother! I CRAVE to know God's love more and to love HIM more. He is my ROCK on which I lean and my GUIDE on which I depend. I am worthless and lost without HIM! On any given day, you used to find me organizing something, sewing something, creating something (usually for organization purposes), or dreaming about making stuff that I pin;) Now, you'll find me trying to fold the same load of towels 3 days in a row, giving up on keeping my floors clean, getting a workout from going up and down the stairs 50 times a day, or enjoying the chaos of entertaining and playing with my kiddos (I try to do this last one more than the others). I adore my husband, love my kids, and wouldn't want do life without my friends!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

WAITING....

What better time to resurrect my blog then about the time I started it 2 years ago! It has been well over a year since I posted, but to my surprise I have been okay with that. I'm normally very controlling with matters like this and expect more from myself, but in this season of my life...it's simply okay.

So, what can possibly be pressing enough on me to cause me to bring this old blog back to life?  Well, I am 3 days overdue with our 3rd child, Harry Joel Baker. It's surprising to me to be overdue because for so long I have felt that I would go early, but God has had different plans and I can NOW say, I am grateful!

"But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life."  1 Timothy 1:16

So often you hear woman around 38 weeks wanting to be induced (for non-medical reasons). Especially by there due date. It makes TOTAL sense...pregnancy is hard, specifically towards the end. Sleeping is near impossible, you should pretty much wear a diaper or you will live in the restroom, the little food that you do eat seems to be pushed back up into your throat, moving in any direction feels like your hips are going to fall apart, the list goes on....IT'S JUST HARD!!!!  But one thing the Lord has pounded me with over the last few years is just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't endure it.

Unfortunately, our society teaches and urges us that if something is hard we shouldn't HAVE to endure it and therefore can take things into our own hands. We deserve what we want and we deserve it when we want it. This sense of pride, control, and entitlement can be dangerous and if you are a Christian it will put a gap between you and the Lord making it hard to hear HIS voice over your own. If I am honest in evaluating my life, I do this in SO many areas...and it seems harmless and I probably don't even notice, but I'm learning that Satan works that way. He is sneaky, manipulative, and flat out mean. His goal is to distract us from the ONE who loves us more than anything and wants to gift us with an incredibly abundant life, but we have to let HIM. So, if we are overtaken in the belief system of me, me, me, and that's all that matters, then we will miss SO much of God and the me that HE is trying to create and mold.

Over a month ago I was ready for Harry to be here and impatience started settling in, but thank the Lord, my heart has been more vulnerable and impressionable to God's work in my life (it's NOT always that way). He stopped me in my track...and now, I see why. I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed and loved the last few weeks with my family and friends. When you are "waiting" to go into labor you don't make many plans because you just don't know when things will happen. Because of that, I have spent way more quality time with my girls and my husband. I have watched Avery and Taylor's relationship grow. Just sitting watching them learn how to play together and laugh has brought SO much joy to me. If I had of been taken over with frustration and impatience, or have a newborn, I would have missed this blessing, not to mention all the organizing that has gone on;) Those who know me well, know how much that blesses my heart! Although, it's been hard waiting on our sweet baby boy to make his debut, it has been worth it. It's undoubtedly been a gift from my Savior!

We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives...being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father...
Colossians 1:9, 11-12

With all that said, Harry, when you are ready to arrive, we REALLY are! And eagerly anticipate holding and loving you! By the way, Avery doesn't understand all of the above and wants to hold you NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment